The first Bandroom was built on the present day location
at Frenchville Lane, Forster Street, Galway, around
1900 and served the band for nearly ninty years. In 1986 a major re development
program was started, and the present Bandroom was officially opened in 1989 by the Mayor of Galway and Bishop Eamon Casey, photo...
The opening of the
new premises in 1989 marked a major step forward in
the provision of musical facilities in Galway, a remarkable achievement for a voluntary body. The facilities include a main
hall used for both rehearsals and performances, an Office,
two classrooms, a number of general purpose rooms and
Male and Female shower and toilet facilities.